Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Thursday 11 October 2012

Quilting


I am doing some more quilting on this quilt. You can see my previous post about quilting this quilt here, where I marvel at how long it is taking me to quilt it. Yup. Still working on it! But I'm feeling closer to finishing it now. I used the walking foot to quilt the straight lines in the sashings. Amanda commented that quilting always takes a long time when you are using a walking foot. I think she's right and so I took her advice to heart when deciding on how to quilt the borders, free motion all the way!


I decided to quilt "pebbles" which are something I learnt about in one of my Craftsy classes, Quilting Negative Spaces with Angela Walters. I'm not very good at them yet, but I'm practicing! I actually felt quite confident though, watching Angela quilt on the Craftsy video must be helpful cause I thought I could do it!


I have to admit here that I still have some of the straight line quilting to do. What can I say? I was sick of it and thought I would break it up with some free motion! I have done a third of the free motion quilting and have to get back to the straight line quilting. I guess that's why I thought it might be a good idea to write a blog post. Anything to avoid it! I'd better get back to it though because I need to finish it.  (Maybe it will be finished by the weekend?)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That is very cool pebble free motion quilting. I will keep that in mind for next project.

Daisy Jayne said...

pebbles is looking dandy..... nice

seabreezequilts said...

You know I avoid that walking foot so much I even quilt in the ditch free motion. Your quilting looks good though its great to mix it up a bit.

Pip said...

Nothing like a bit of bloggy procrastination, I'm quite enjoying using my walking foot, but I agree it is nice to mix things up a bit.

Shay said...

Sometimes quilting just seems to take forever. You know I still havent managed to find the guts to tackle an actual quilt using free motion. Im such a chicken !

Keep plugging away at that quilting Kris.

MarneyMay said...

Its good to take a break. Your pebbles look great and add movement to your quilt.

Cheers Pauline

Jindi's Cottage said...

I really like the look of pebble quilting...just waaaay too scardy cat to try it yet...well done, looking good.